Wednesday 21 December 2011

My Favourite Things to Do this Christmas

This post is a lot about myself and won't necessarily enhance your day or Christmas. It's about me and me alone. So if you decide to carry on reading don't complain if you get bored. I have warned you. 

My Favourite things to do this Christmas are:
1.       Being grateful
-          First of all for good health I and Zuzi enjoy.
-          For over 16 years long relationship with person I can’t imagine live without.
-          For my career taking a rollercoaster ride where my skills are being tested really thoroughly.
-          For genuine help and support from some of my colleagues at work when my day wasn’t as I have planned.
-          For my online friends who followed my tweets and my blog for a year now. They were a significant part of my personal revolution this year. (which is still on)
-          For learning so much and feeling no pressure or pain while doing it.

2.       Taking holiday for Christmas
As most of you know, this year I have started my new job. The job, which allows me to have proper Christmas. Just to give you some perspective here, I have been working in hospitality industry for over 17 years. I have spent my Christmas with my family maybe twice in that period of time. While I was very lucky on two occasions to be around the Christmas tree when the spirit was on the peak it is my first Christmas after many years when I am once again learning to enjoy every bit of it.
I am simultaneously writing post about what Christmas mean to me and will share it with you soon.
3.       Food (Cooking and Eating it)
Those of you who know me well don’t need many comments here.
My pallet is one of my favourite sources of happiness.
Not only for Christmas Eve itself. (Christmas dinner in my house is 24th following Slovakian tradition) but rather every single day of my holiday. I love Christmas for many things but creating and eating good food makes it really special. For having this opportunity to live life where I can afford most of the stuff available in the grocery shops really makes me feel blessed. 

4.       Catching up with blogs
Ever since I’ve started my new job in July this year my heart was crying for some quality time with my favourite bloggers. This Christmas I am hoping to catch up with some of them as this will really make me happy. Also my own blog needs some attention too, there is a lot to tell and I won’t have peace of mind until I share some of my stories from this year.

5.       Reading
Got a Kindle for my Birthday last week. A keyboard version is great and if you ever doubt paying extra for free 3G, you must be mad.




1 comment:

Post a Comment